How to take Over the Air (OTA) capture using MacBook?
We can take Over the Air (OTA) capture using MacBook running OS X 10.6 and above
1. Turn on the MacBook.
2. Press the button "alt-option" and click on the wifi icon
3. Click on "Open Wireless Diagnostics"
4. Click on the Tab "Window" right on the top
5. Click on Sniffer
6. In the box that pops up, select the channel and frequency that you want to capture
7. Click on start
8. After monitoring for required amount of time, you can click on stop and the file gets saved on the desktop
Open the PCAP file using Wireshark.