Environment : Voice Over WLAN
R Factor is calculated as per the below formula:
R = Ro -Is -Id -Ie +A
- Ro: expresses the basic signal-to-noise ratio.
- Is: This factor represents all impairments which occur more or less simultaneously with the voice signal, such as too loud speech level, non-optimum side tone, quantization noise, etc.
- Id: This is the delay impairment factor which sums up all impairments due to delay and echo effects.
- Ie: This is the equipment impairment factor which represents impairments which are caused by low bit-rate codecs. This factor can be used to take into account the influence of packet loss.
- A: The advantage factor A represents an advantage of access which certain systems may provide in comparison to conventional systems.