What should I know about OSPF in Aruba products?
Product and Software: This article applies to all Aruba controllers and ArubaOS versions 5.x and later.
- OSPF is disabled by default.
- Aruba controllers support only one OSPF instance.
- Maximum OSPF routes is 1K.
- Convergence takes between 5 and 15 seconds.
- Only stub and totally stub areas are supported.
- Only one area can be configured.
- Aruba controller cannot act as an area border router (ABR) or autonomous system border router (ASBR).
- OSPF packets use generic routing encapsulation (GRE) over Internet Protocol Security (IPsec) tunnels. A Layer 3 GRE tunnel is configured between two routers with GRE destination addresses as the inner address of the IPsec tunnel. OSPF is enabled on the Layer 3 GRE tunnel interface and all of the OSPF control packets undergo GRE encapsulation before entering the IPsec tunnels.
- The default MTU value for a Layer 3 GRE tunnel in an Aruba controller is 1100. When running OSPF over a GRE tunnel between an Aruba controller and another vendor's router, the MTU values must be the same on both sides of the GRE tunnel.