Product and Software: This article applies to all Aruba controllers and ArubaOS versions.
- APs terminating on the local
- a pool of VLANs are mapped in the virtual AP profile
1) Confirm that the APs are able to reach the local controller by issuing the 'show ap active' command.
2) Confirm that the APs are actually not broadcasting the SSID by issuing the 'show ap essid' command.
3) Show the VLAN pool, which is mapped for that SSID by issuing the 'show wlan virtual-ap' command.
4) Make sure that the VLANs defined in the VLAN pool should be on the local controller. If the VLANs should not be there, the AP will not broadcast the SSID or it might not come up.
You have two options:
- Separately define the VLAN in the virtual AP profile.
- Add the undefined VLAN on the local controller (depends on the deployment and requirement).