Controller Based WLANs

Why should I use an experienced outdoor integrator for my deployment?  What value to they add, and where do I find one?

Aruba Employee

Question:  Why should I use an experienced outdoor integrator for my deployment?  What value to they add, and where do I find one?

Product and Software: This article applies to all Aruba controllers and ArubaOS versions.

Outdoor wireless networks are the most labor-intensive and challenging type of WLAN to design and deploy. Many different disciplines and trades must come together for a successful outdoor network, including:

• Project management
  • RF engineering
  • LAN and IP network engineering
  • Construction and fabrication indoors and on rooftops
  • Tower erection, climbing, and rigging
  • Grounding and electrical safety
  • AC, DC, and solar power systems
  • Municipal attachment rights agreements and city council

Few IT departments have access to seasoned experts in all of these areas. Therefore, Aruba Networks strongly recommends that every customer that intends to deploy an outdoor system of any size engage an experienced outdoor wireless network integrator. These companies can provide any type of resource required for a successful project, and help navigate the many issues that inevitably come up during an outdoor project.

Your local Aruba account manager can help direct you to a qualified outdoor integrator. You may also want to explore the Aruba ServiceEdge provider network, which includes many integrators who specialize in outdoor work (http://www.arubanetworks.com/partners/deployment_partners/locate.php).

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎07-07-2014 01:18 PM

Labels (1)
Contributors
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is this a frequent problem?

Request an official Aruba knowledge base article to be written by our experts.