This article explains the steps to create a wireless network (SSID) on Aruba Central.
We can create SSIDs with different authentication and encryption methods through the Aruba Central dashboard, which in turn will be broadcasted by the Instant APs.
Environment: This article applies to all the IAPs running a minimum version of 220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168 and managed by Aruba Central.
- Navigate to Configuration> Networks
- Click Create New.
3. Choose the Type as wireless.
4. Enter the SSID name.
5. Select the primary usage to be “employee”, “voice” or “guest”.
6. Click Next.
7. Select the Client IP assignment as Virtual controller assigned or Network Assigned. In case we choose Network Assigned we would need to select the VLAN assignment method as well.
8. Click Next.
9. Select the security level to be either Enterprise, Personal, or Open. Depending upon the security level, we should configure other parameters that appear below it.
10. Click Next.
11. Select the access rule to be either Role Based, Unrestricted or Network-based and configure the necessary permission and then clickFinish.