Environment : This article applies to Aruba Instant Access Points.
When the uplink is Wi-Fi or Cellular, administartor can configure the ethernet ports of Instant AP as downlink towards wired network. Once configured, one or multiple wired devices can use IAP as access layer switch and also DHCP server.
Following two configurations are required:
1. Create and assign a wired port profile to the downlink ethernet port.
2. Create a local DHCP server.
I. Follow the below steps to create an assign a wired port profile:
1. From the IAP web interface, click on "More" in the main menu and select "Wired".
2. Click on "New" button to create a new wired profile.
3. Enter the settings as shown below and click "Next".
NOTE: If you are connecting a device that needs power from IAP to power-on (for example: IP camera), then select enable "POE" as Enable.
4. Select mode as "Access" and mention the Access VLAN.
5. If you would have the wired client authenticated and control access to certain application and protocols, then configure it on "Authentication" and "Access" tab. If not, Click "Next" till Finish.
6. Now that the profile is created assign it to the Ethernet Port E1:
1. From the IAP main menu, click on "System"
2. On the System dialogue box, click on "Show Advanced Options" at the bottom.
3. Click on DHCP tab and configure as below: