Instant access points come with default username and password i.e admin/admin. This does not go long way, as the IAPs start finding their place in campus and corporate networks.
With many administrators managing and monitoring the clustered IAP networks, TACACS or Active Directory based authentication as primary and internal database as fallback is implemented.
Aruba Instant AP now features integrated Tacacs and Radius based management authentication.
Follow the below steps to configure radius authentication in IAP:
- Login to IAP web interface
- Select "System" from the main menu and then click on "Admin" tab
- Under local authentication, select as "Authentication Server w/fallback to Internal"
- Under the "Auth Server 1" Select "New Server"
- Filling the name, IP address and shared key for Radius Server or for TACACS server.
- For fallback local login, username and password can be mentioned.
Logout of the IAP web interface and try logging in using the username and password on Tacacs server.