Product and Software: This article applies to all Aruba Instant Access Points (IAP's) running Aruba InstantOS 220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168 or later.
Aruba AirGroup capabilities are available as a feature in Aruba WLANs where Wi-Fi data is distributed among Aruba Instant APs.
AirGroup is a unique enterprise-class capability that leverages zero configuration networking to enable Bonjour® services like Apple® AirPrint and AirPlay from mobile devices in an efficient manner.
Bonjour, the trade name for the zeroconf implementation introduced by Apple, is the most common example. Apple AirPlay and AirPrint services are based on the Bonjour protocol are essential services in campus Wi-Fi networks. AirGroup solution supports both wired and wireless devices.
Wired devices which support the Bonjour services are made part of the AirGroup when the VLANs of the devices are terminated on the Virtual Controller.
Follow the steps below to enable AirGroup on Virtual Controller within the IAP Cluster:
- Login into Instant WebUI
- Click on the "Settings" option from the Main Menu at the top.
- At the bottom of the Settings Window, click on "Show Advance Options". As shown below:
4. Click on the "AirGroup" tab. As shown in the below image:
5. Check the box to enable "AirGroup" services on IAP.
6. Enable the AirGroup settings as shown below: