This article applies to Aruba Instant 184.108.40.206-220.127.116.11 or higher versions that are managed by Aruba Central.
Aruba Central facilitates to configure groups with varying configuration. It is common practice to have each group with different configuration and to move virtual controllers (VC) between groups as per the requirement.
When a VC is moved from one group to another, the configuration of the new group will be overwritten and hence one need to be cautious before changing the groups.
Perform the following steps to move the devices from one group to another:
1. Click on menu symbol in the top-left pane. Menu slides out showing the existing groups.
2. At the bottom of the menu click Manage. A window pops-up showing groups and virtual controllers.
3. Select a group in the left-pane and the Virtual Controller in the right-pane and click Move.
4. Select the group where you want to move the Virtual Controller.
NOTE: A pop-up is shown in the top-right corner of the dialog box, informing that current configuration of the Virtual controller will be overwritten with the configuration from the new group.
5. If you agree with the configuration change, click Save or else click Cancel.