Product and Software: This article applies to all Aruba Instant Access Points (IAP's) running Aruba InstantOS.
Yes, disabling the "Auto Join Mode" the Virtual Controller can selectively choose the IAP based on their MAC address. Below-mentioned steps and images would guide on disabling the Auto Join Mode and then adding an IAP:
- Login into Instant WebUI
- Click on "Settings" from the Main Menu at the top
- At the bottom of the "Settings" window click on "Show Advanced Options". As shown below:
4. On the "General" tab, Select "Auto Join Mode" as Disabled. As shown below:
5. Click OK.
6. On the home screen of WebUI, Under "Access Points", we would be seeing a "New" option to add an IAP.
7. Click on "New" to add the MAC address of the IAP that need to join. Thus we can create a whitelist of IAP that is required to join the IAP cluster.
8. The status of "Auto Join Mode" and the AP whitelist can be verified from CLI mode with the command "Show allowed-aps":
|NOTE: SSH into Virtual Controller with Default username: admin Default password: admin|