Environment : This article applies to Instant Access Point.
Customer can see IAP network status without logging in; which includes internet reachability, active uplink, VPN status, AirWave status, as well as the cellular provider and signal strength for 3G/4G modems.
- Internet reachability is only available when ‘failover internet’ is enabled. When this option is disabled, ‘Detection Disabled’ will be displayed in the UI when the uplink is otherwise up.
- Possible active uplinks are eth0, eth1, wifi-uplink and 3G/4G.
- Cellular provider and signal strength is only applicable when the current uplink type is 3G/4G modem. IAP retrieves the information by send AT commands to the modem.
- If a modem does not support this type of query command, IAP will just display the statically configured ISP if it is configured. If ISP is not statically configured, N/A is displayed.
- Primary and backup VPN status can be up, down, or not configured.
- AirWave connection status can be Connected, not connected, or not configured.
User can also use cli to show IAP healthy indication parameters,
6c:f3:7f:c5:14:7a# show network-summary
Internet reachable :Reachable
Active uplink :eth0
Carrier :China Telecom
Signal Strength :-51
Signal level :good
Primary VPN :Up
Secondary VPN :Down