This article explains the new accounting options introduced in IAP OS version 184.108.40.206-220.127.116.11.
There are two Accounting modes –
- Association mode Accounting - accounting starts after Captive Portal client association and stops after clients disassociation.
- Association mode accounting - accounting starts after Captive Portal authentication and stops after clients logout.
This article applies to all the IAPs running a minimum OS version of 18.104.22.168-22.214.171.124
Environment : All the sample outputs in this article has been tested on IAP 135 running 126.96.36.199-188.8.131.52.
- Create a New SSID and navigate to Security
- Select the splash page as "External-Radius Authentication" or "External- Authentication text".
- Select "association" or "authentication" from the accounting drop down as show below:
Additionally, we can configuration accounting interval in minutes.
The command “show ap debug auth-trace-buf” shows the details of accounting messages being exchanged.