What are the various Radio operational modes supported by Instant APs managed through Aruba Central cloud based solution and how to configure them?
This article explains:
- The different Radio operational modes supported by Instant APs managed through Aruba Central dashboard.
- Configuration of these modes through the Aruba Central dashboard.
An Aruba Instant Access Point can be set into following three modes of operation:-
- Access: In Access mode the AP serves clients, and at the same time while also monitoring for rogue APs in the background.
- Monitor: In Monitor mode, the AP acts as a dedicated monitor, scanning all channels for rogue APs and Clients.
- Spectrum Monitor: In Spectrum Monitor mode, the AP functions as a dedicated full-spectrum RF monitor, It scan all channels to detect interference, from neighboring APs or from non-WiFi devices such as microwaves and cordless phones.
Note: In the dedicated Monitor and Spectrum modes, the APs do not serve wireless clients. However, background spectrum monitoring can be enabled under RF -> Radio Settings to ensure that wireless client service is not interrupted.
Environment : This article applies to Aruba Instant Access Points running Aruba InstantOS 220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168 or higher and managed by Aruba Central.
1. Navigate to Configuration > Access Points and click on the Access Point for the Edit button to appear and click “Edit”.
2. Click “Radio“ and choose a Radio operational mode from the Mode drop-down list.
You can verify the Radio operational mode of an Instant Access Point by navigating to Monitoring> Access Points.
The Access Points section, shows the configured Radio operational mode of individual Instant Access Point as shown in the following figure: