Question: What is 128 ACL suppport in IAP 4.1
Starting with IAP release 4.1 – number of ACE entries supported in an ACL has been increased to 128 and Internally this has been achieved by optimizing ACL organization within Instant AP.
- Each access rule used to be expanded to 4 rules internally, now this has been reduced to just 2 ACLs
- Data structure optimization (Total number of ACL rules with all roles added up is still the same)
- UI - Navigate to Security >> Roles , the existing Roles Tab will allow 128 ACE entries now. (The WLAN wizard and Wired Profile will allow up to 128 ACE entries now)
- From CLI , wlan access-rule and inbound firewall will allow up to 128 ACE entries
wlan access-rule Guest_SSID
- show datapath acl-rule <name> displays the access rules within an ACL.
As a conclusion from 4.1 ACE entries supported in an ACL has optimized upto 128.