This article explains
- Functionality of DTIM interval
- Configuration of DTIM interval on Aruba Central dashboard
Delivery Traffic Indication Message (DTIM) period is mentioned in every beacon broadcasted by an Access Point.
Depending upon the value set in the DTIM period, the client checks for buffered data (including multicast and broadcast traffic) on the AP. The default value of 1 indicates the client wakes up every beacon period to check for any buffered data on the AP intended for it.
You may choose to configure a larger DTIM value for longer power saving. You can configure this option for every WLAN SSID profile.
Environment : This article applies to all the Instant Access Points running OS version 220.127.116.11-18.104.22.168 or above and managed by Aruba Central.
- Click on the SSID for the Edit button to appear and click “Edit”.
2. Click “Basic Info Advance Settings”
3. Scroll down and click “Save Settings”.