Environment : This article applies to all Aruba Instant Access Points running Aruba InstantOS 22.214.171.124-126.96.36.199 or .
As we see in the below image, "SLB Calculating Interval" is a configuration parameter underSpectrum Load Balancing feature. This interval determines, how often spectrum load balancing must be calculated.
The interval is specified in seconds and the default value is 30 seconds.You can specify a value within the range of 10-600 (Not recommended to be change the default value).
The value of this interval is significant in the smooth functioning of Spectrum Load Balancing. Keeping this interval at 30 seconds, clients can be balanced among RF channels more often thereby reducing the load on a single Instant AP and thus increasing the overall performance for the wireless network.
SLB calculating interval can be verified from ARM configuration of an Instant AP. Below screenshots shows how to verify from GUI and CLI:
- Login to web interface of IAP
- In the top-right menu, Point to "More"
- From the dropdown, select "Support"
- From the "Command" dropdown, select "AP ARM Configuration"
- The "Target" dropdown, shows the list of Instant AP's in the cluster and thereby one can select the AP that the command has to run. Here, select the access point that has "(VC)"beside it. This Instant AP is the Virtial Controller for the cluster.
- Click on "Run" button.
SSH or Console, into Virtual Controller and execute the below command:
# show arm config