When logged into Aruba Central, how do I search IAPs with a particular label?
This is a very common request from many of the Aruba Central customers. For example, an administrator wants to quickly look at the status of all IAPs serving the guests in the campus? Or If he wants to immediately track down the IAPs only in the warehouse.
In such cases, this feature would be really handy and helps us to give immediate glance of the required IAPs.
How does this work ?
- For Aruba Central, to help in such cases, one needs to first assign the access points with appropriate labels. As we discussed above, all IAPs in the warehouse, can be labeled with a label string as "warehouse". Similarly, an IAP in the guest lobby, can be labeled with a "lobby IAP" label.
- Aruba Central would then group these IAPs in the backend and index the seacrh, to be ready to pull up the list when you search with a particular label.
Now, here is how you search the list of IAPs with a particular label:
1. On the Central web interface, next to search text box, is the "Filter" icon.
2. Click on the "Filter" icon and it would list out all the labels that has been assigned across devices.
3. Select the label you need to search for and click on search.