Controller-less WLANs

Why am I not able to increase my IAP cluster beyond 16 IAPs (mixed environment) even though I am running one of the latest code that allows any number of IAPs in the cluster?

by on ‎06-30-2014 01:18 PM

This article applies to mixed IAP cluster with at least one IAP 92 or 93 in the cluster.

Initially, when Instant APs were introduced, there was a limitation where we could add a maximum of 16 IAPs in the cluster. This limitation was enhanced in the subsequent codes and eventually with the new versions like 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3; we can have any number of IAPs in a single cluster.

However, important to note is as of version 6.2.1.0-3.3.0.0, this applies to all the IAP models except for IAP 92 and 93. The maximum number of IAPs in a cluster having IAP 92/93 is still 16.

So in case the code allows more than 16 IAPs in a cluster but you are unable to bring up the 17th IAP, it is most likely there is at least one IAP 92/93 in the cluster. As soon as you remove those IAPs (92/93), you would be able to add more IAPs in the cluster.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Is this a frequent problem?

Request an official Aruba knowledge base article to be written by our experts.