Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

105 with Instant giving wrong aGPS location

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  105 with Instant giving wrong aGPS location

Posted Jan 15, 2016 12:05 PM

Please move to a better location if I chose wrong.

I'm new to Aruba and am impressed so far.  Recently I installed 2 AP-105s at a small business and have utilized the Instant setup.  Very easy and great performance.

The somewhat perplexing issue is most easily seen with Weather Apps.  All iDevices, Android and Windows boxes that are on the WiFi pick up their location at "Chicago"  I'm in Minneapolis.  The only setting that I've set with respect to time is the "Timezone (-6 Central)" under System.

Is there a setting that I've missed that makes my APs think I'm in Chicago?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: 105 with Instant giving wrong aGPS location

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 15, 2016 12:09 PM
    That is *USUALLY* done based on your IP address. Go to whatismyip.com and it should tell you how it is detecting it.

• 3.  RE: 105 with Instant giving wrong aGPS location

Posted Jan 15, 2016 12:25 PM

Never have used that site, looks like a big ad.  It doesn't report anything "My IP Info" is blank.

We are using Comcast Business, it reports a IPv6 address.

With wired clients, I use the aGPS locator it finds me fairly close.  At least the correct city anyway.

• 4.  RE: 105 with Instant giving wrong aGPS location

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 15, 2016 12:27 PM

OK, then go to Google and search "what is my IP" and then do a geo search on that IP address.

• 5.  RE: 105 with Instant giving wrong aGPS location

Posted Jan 15, 2016 12:32 PM

C1.JPG