Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

105AP's dropped off the network when adding a used 105AP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  105AP's dropped off the network when adding a used 105AP

Posted Jan 02, 2015 09:01 AM

I have Aruba 105AP's at 2 different locations, Head office running 105AP's firmware 6.1.3.4, remote office running 105AP's firmware 6.2.0.0.
    Remote office required extra AP's, so I took 3 x 6.1.3.4 AP's from Head office, assumed they would pick up firmware & config from remote office controller (have since found I should have reset to defaults, but cant explain the below).

At the remote office, all AP's except the controller have fell off the network - not recognised by the controller. I have reset to default, but still no joy. I bring the switch port up and AP stays up for 2 mins and reboots, then does that continually.

Does anyone have any ideas how I resolve this?

Many Thanks.

• 2.  RE: 105AP's dropped off the network when adding a used 105AP

Posted Jan 02, 2015 11:51 AM

you should bring the APs to the same firmware level before joining them to the instant cluster. you are working with instant APs right? there is no physical controller involved?

to get the AP acting normally i would advise to bring them online one by one in an isolated network, get the firmware on the correct level and then join them to the network with the virtual controller.

• 3.  RE: 105AP's dropped off the network when adding a used 105AP

Posted Jan 07, 2015 11:58 AM

Thanks Boneyard, I want to try this tomorrow, but dont have a copy of the firmware I need and cant download it without a support contract!! Do you know where esle I can get firmware, or even download from my controller AP to load onto the others?

• 4.  RE: 105AP's dropped off the network when adding a used 105AP

Posted Jan 07, 2015 12:07 PM

I'm looking for

AP105

Version:
    6.2.0.0-3.2.0.4_38110

• 5.  RE: 105AP's dropped off the network when adding a used 105AP
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 07, 2015 01:23 PM

There are 2 options. 

Plug the IAPs that need updated into a different VLAN so they don't try and join the cluster, and then upgrade from the cloud servers or if you have a valid support contract you can download the desired code from support.arubanetworks.com. If you are set on staying on 6.2.x then you'll need a valid support contract to download older code as the cloud servers only host the newest GA release of code. 

• 6.  RE: 105AP's dropped off the network when adding a used 105AP

Posted Jan 09, 2015 08:14 AM

I had to reset & power up on a separate vlan & load firmware I had downloaded via http://<IP-address>/ArubaInstant_Orion_6.2.0.0-3.2.0.0_xxxx

Then connecting to wireless vlan AP's were picked up by the controller.

Many thanks for the help.