Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

2 IAP won`t connect to a running system

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  2 IAP won`t connect to a running system

Posted Feb 18, 2016 03:16 AM

Hello,

i`m new here and my english is not so good, but i will try to explain my situation.

We have an Aruba Wifi UP and runnig with Clearpass and Airwave.

Authentication via AD, first without certificate. In the future i will install cartificate too.

We use IAP 215 from Aruba. 25 AP are up and running but we have 2 AP they don`t want connect to the other AP or Controller.

Someone have an idea how can connect them manually ? Maybe someone can tell me some backgrounds why the 2 AP can`t connect to the other ?

I hope you understand what i want:-)

• 2.  RE: 2 IAP won`t connect to a running system

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2016 03:50 AM

Hi Salva,

Are you using IAP's managed from the Virtual controller, right?

are those 2 AP's in the same VLAN? Can you see if those AP's have received an IP address? 

Regards

Borja

• 3.  RE: 2 IAP won`t connect to a running system

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2016 05:54 AM

@Salva2376 wrote:

Hello,

i`m new here and my english is not so good, but i will try to explain my situation.

We have an Aruba Wifi UP and runnig with Clearpass and Airwave.

Authentication via AD, first without certificate. In the future i will install cartificate too.

We use IAP 215 from Aruba. 25 AP are up and running but we have 2 AP they don`t want connect to the other AP or Controller.

Someone have an idea how can connect them manually ? Maybe someone can tell me some backgrounds why the 2 AP can`t connect to the other ?

I hope you understand what i want:-)

Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    Spoiler
    regards Salvatore

Salvatore,

What model are the two new access points?

• 4.  RE: 2 IAP won`t connect to a running system

Posted Feb 18, 2016 10:38 AM

Hi,

my first problem is now resolved. The ports were in different VLANS.

Now my next Problem is, the 2 new IAP don`t join the exists Wifi ?? Why ??

When i connect the 2 IAP to the switch port, my whole wifi connection will be interrupted.

and i don`t have any connection to the VC.

When i disconnect the 2 new IAP, my Wifi and all AP are UP und runnfig fine.

I don`t know what happen in the background.

regards

Salvatore

• 5.  RE: 2 IAP won`t connect to a running system

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2016 10:46 AM

As Colin said, which model are the IAP's that are working and the 2 AP's you are connecting to the network?

REgards

Borja

• 6.  RE: 2 IAP won`t connect to a running system

Posted Feb 18, 2016 07:15 PM

If the 2 new iAP are the same model as the other 25, then they should be able to joing the cluster and get firmware and configuration from the VC.

If they're different models, you'll need to make sure that they can access Airwave or Cloud management to get the same version of code in their proper family to match the VC before they will be able to get their configuration.

Some more detail of your LAN configuration and of the test process you're following would help us a great deal.

• 7.  RE: 2 IAP won`t connect to a running system
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 23, 2016 03:00 AM

Hello,

thx for your help. Now everything works fine. The 2 new IAP have automatically connected. The problem was, that i changed the VLAN from these 2 Ports while the cable stuck.

thx.

Salva