Controllerless Networks

Frequent Contributor I

6.5.2.0 AP Discovery Logic

I have a question in regards to the new "unified APs" that are now rolling out.

In our environment we have both controller based APs and controller-less APs. In the past this was not an issue because an IAP would be controller-less unless you chose to "convert" them to campus APs and this worked very well for us. Release 6.5.2.0 has reversed this process and it causing me some issues, because now the APs are looking for a controller BEFORE even looking if there exists a controller-less AP on the nework.

I have read page 68 of the 6.5.3.0 user guide that states to convert it to standalone mode and let it connect that way but that process is not working for me.

I have also attempted to disable ADP on the controller without any luck.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

Guru Elite

Re: 6.5.2.0 AP Discovery Logic

Are you trying to prevent a UAP from finding a controller on the same subnet?  What are you trying to do?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Essentially, I would like the UAP to find the other APs (controller-less) on the same subnet before it attempts to connect to the controller that is in a different site and different subnet.

Thanks

Guru Elite

The only thing you can do is make sure that it cannot find a controller via DNS, which would mean manipulating the dns domain in the DHCP server on that network to not supply the domain in aruba-master.<domain>.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: