Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

A little question about IAP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  A little question about IAP

Posted Dec 05, 2011 01:43 AM

HI dear. 

Can I meet this demand  in  aruba  Iap-93 :

I want  three  ssid  in my IAP  :   "guest",  "boss"  and  " employe"

each ssid  is belong to a   independent vlan  ,  and the wireless client 's  gateway is in the L3-poe-SWITCH  which directly connected to the  IAP.

For example: " guest " 's  gateway is  interface vlan 10 in L3-SWITCH  ,    " boss " 's gateway is interface vlan 20 in L3-SWITCH

can i finish this in  IAP?  or do I need  to make a  trunk interface in iap?

if  it is nonsupport,   does it means  I can make 3 vlans in IAP, and  set up NAT and Routing  to forwarding  the wireless client's  packets?

thank you very much

• 2.  RE: A little question about IAP
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 05, 2011 03:14 AM

Yes, you can do this. 

When you define the vlan for each of the SSID, you are also defined .1Q vlans.  In your example, there will be a .1Q trunk from IAP to switch.  

You can also choose to use Virtual-Controller defined in which case the traffic will get Natted.

-michael

• 3.  RE: A little question about IAP

Posted Dec 05, 2011 03:47 AM

Dear Michael

Does it means that ,  If  I want to make the IAP   as  "Trunk Mode",  I  don't need to choose the  VC?   If  I want to make the IAP  as " NAT MODE" ,  I must to need a VC?

BTW ,  is   the VC  choosed  automatically   without my setting ?

• 4.  RE: A little question about IAP

Posted Dec 05, 2011 05:39 PM

No trunking configuration in IAP. It is enabled when you create the SSID with specific VLAN. VC election is automatic, thus it is important to configured the virtual controller IP so that you can always manage the IAP using this IP address.

• 5.  RE: A little question about IAP

Posted Jan 26, 2012 04:44 PM

Also, if you do not know your VC IP address you can always manage the VC by using the instant.arubanetworks.com URL while associated to your IAP network.