Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AIRWAVE IAP WALLED GARDEN NOT WORKING

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AIRWAVE IAP WALLED GARDEN NOT WORKING

Posted Aug 09, 2017 03:52 PM

Hi Folks,

i'm going crazy with walled garden on iap running firmware 6.5.3.1-6.5.3.1_6033. The IAP is managed by Airwave and i've set up a ssid with a external captive portal. The inital login role inludes the "enforce captive portal <externe cppm profile name>" rule. Until here everything works fine. Redirect to captiveportal and the authentication with clearpass as well.

But when a user is on the captivepotal, he should be able to use whitelisted urls/domains without authentication. The enforce captiveportal rule is always the top rule in the role. it's impossible to change this. So, all http requests are redirected to the captiveportal even if they're whitelisted.

What is my mistake. I think i overlook something.

thanks in advance

markus

• 2.  RE: AIRWAVE IAP WALLED GARDEN NOT WORKING

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2017 08:22 AM

What does your preauth role look like?  Are you using "www.site.com" in your whitelist?

• 3.  RE: AIRWAVE IAP WALLED GARDEN NOT WORKING

Posted Aug 10, 2017 11:26 AM
    You're right. Initial login must be called preauth_role. but i meant preauth_role, even though i wrote initial login role. I added dhcp, dns allow und enforce captiveportal... Yes, i added www.domain.tld to whitelist.

#AirheadsMobile

• 4.  RE: AIRWAVE IAP WALLED GARDEN NOT WORKING

Posted Aug 10, 2017 11:26 AM
    You're right. Initial login must be called preauth_role. but i meant preauth_role, even though i wrote initial login role. I added dhcp, dns allow und enforce captiveportal... Yes, i added www.domain.tld to whitelist.

#AirheadsMobile