Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

AP-Rename

I have a number of Aruba IAP-105's deployed (approx 1200) and the firmware being used is 6.2.0.0-3.2.0.2_37229. All WAPS have virtual controllers except 2 of the 250 sites.

I have created scripts to query the virtual controller using snmpwalk and report the details of all the attached WAPS to a spreadsheet. I have also generated scripts that allows be to create the configration text and copies it to the clipboard. I then copy the text to the ssh session and this allows me to have a consistent configuration. 

I have managed to organise the data but now I need a way to rename the individual access points to their proper location based names. I want to edit the excel sheet data with proper names that is from mac-address to valid location based name and push the text  through the same script. 

I have looked-up commands like "ap-rename" but i dont thing it is relevant to this firmware.

Is someone aware of a command in this firmware or later firmwares that allows AP renameing on command-line.

Thanks

Re: AP-Rename

In v.4.0 the CLI syntax is  hostname <system-name>

New Contributor

The hostname command only allows you to edit the WAP you are logged onto. I want to logon to virtual controller and rename all the attached AP's. I want to acheive this in a single ssh session. Will this command achieve this, if so could you please provide some assistance on the syntax 

Thanks

Did you find a way to import a script renaming all the Instant AP's via CLI?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: