Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP207 Updates

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  AP207 Updates

Posted Aug 10, 2018 03:38 AM
      |   view attached

Hi. I'm new at the community and I would need some help.

In my company we have almost 40 AP207 access points for wi-fi function. I would like to update the firmware for all the access points and as you can see on the attached image I can do it with the auto function of Instant.

The question is what is this upgrade doing? Is it upgrading InstantOS on every access point? Is it upgrading Instant?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: AP207 Updates
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 03:40 AM

The upgrade will be downloaded to the master AP automatically then distributed and upgrade the remaining AP's in turn automatically. 

• 3.  RE: AP207 Updates

Posted Aug 10, 2018 03:45 AM

Thank you for your answer.

This upgrade is for InstantOS?

Can I select only some of the Access Points to test the upgrade.

Because if anything go wrong I will have to reset 40 APs!

• 4.  RE: AP207 Updates

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 03:48 AM

Yes, it will upgrade the InstantOS firmware running on the IAP's. In order to segregate a single IAP to test with, you will need to convert it to a standalone IAP.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_40_Mobile/Advanced/Content/UG_files/IAP_management/ConvertingIAPtoStandalone.htm

• 5.  RE: AP207 Updates

Posted Aug 10, 2018 03:50 AM

Is there any possibility to have a crashed update?

Does it happen often?

• 6.  RE: AP207 Updates

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 03:52 AM

A crashed update as in a failed update? I've never had any issues during my experience of updating IAP's, they are generally pretty solid :D

• 7.  RE: AP207 Updates

Posted Aug 10, 2018 04:38 AM
      |   view attached

So I managed to set an AP as standalone, updated the firmware and now I want to turn it back to the previous Virtual controller.

Which option should I choose?(see the attachment)

• 8.  RE: AP207 Updates

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 04:54 AM

Easiest way would be to reset it and let it join the existing cluster. It will automatically downgrade its firmware and configuration and join the cluster.