Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

ARUBA HP 210 instant Access Point

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  ARUBA HP 210 instant Access Point

Posted Apr 19, 2017 08:39 PM

Hi all, im new to networking so please go easy on me. I was given a coupel of HP 210 access points and im trying to connect to my home network but cant seem to get them to join the network. Ive setup a new SSID on the AP and disabled WIFI on the router but the AP doesnt seem to be connecting to the router. Is there a simple way to do this? Ive chosen "Network assigned" IP when setting up the SSID. Is there anythingthing else I should be doing? Do i have to point the AP to the router, ie specify gateway IP? if so, where do i do this? The network is a simple home workgroup with the standard DHCP running on the netgear router. Router IP 192.168.0.1 and the network range 192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.99. Subnet 255.255.225.0.  Thanks in advance, 

• 2.  RE: ARUBA HP 210 instant Access Point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 09:59 PM

For a simple network, you would just have network assigned and VLAN1 as the VLAN number....

• 3.  RE: ARUBA HP 210 instant Access Point

Posted Apr 19, 2017 10:31 PM

Thanks Colin, so with the AP connected via LAN to the network it should then automatically grab an IP from the router and internet access will be active on the AP? Are there any other settings i should change, ie pointing the AP to the router's IP? OR configuring the router?

• 4.  RE: ARUBA HP 210 instant Access Point

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 10:48 PM

If you didn't give it a static ip address, it would obtain all of its ip info from the router.  Clients would also get the same ip info from the router and be able to go to the internet with no issue.