Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Access to internal wired device from Internet? (port forwarding)

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Access to internal wired device from Internet? (port forwarding)

Posted Apr 04, 2015 11:24 AM

Greetings again,

I have two IAPs and a S1500-12P switch and basic tests after getting the firmware synced up seem to be working. Before I try getting my VLANs and DHCPs customized, I was trying to find the panel that shows how to set up port forwarding similar to my previous post with a legacy 620 controller.

So for example, I want to plug in an wired IP survellance DVR to one of the ports in the S1500, and have the IAP VDC manage access to it from the Internet.

Please don't tell me I need a controller to do this. :-) I was hoping to avoid having a controller since I went with IAPs (and not just APs with a controller).

Thank you all!

• 2.  RE: Access to internal wired device from Internet? (port forwarding)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2015 01:31 PM

What is your border firewall?  That is the single determining factor on whether you can do this or not, and how.

• 3.  RE: Access to internal wired device from Internet? (port forwarding)

Posted Apr 04, 2015 07:21 PM

I was assuming the IAP could handle the firewall activities (like the 620), but apparently it can't?

Thank you!

• 4.  RE: Access to internal wired device from Internet? (port forwarding)

Posted Apr 04, 2015 07:38 PM

Sounds like a 3200 will do the trick?

• 5.  RE: Access to internal wired device from Internet? (port forwarding)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2015 07:47 PM

The IAP can be configured to handle inbound traffic, and one of those inbound rules is destination nat.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/Roles_and_policies/InboundTrafficACL.htm%3FTocPath%3DRoles%20and%20Policies%7CFirewall%20Policies%7CManaging%20Inbound%20Traffic%7C_____1

I have not tried it with your application.

• 6.  RE: Access to internal wired device from Internet? (port forwarding)

Posted Apr 04, 2015 07:57 PM

Thanks very much! I almost missed this in the IAP menus. I'll give it a try.

Thanks again!