Controllerless Networks

Contributor II

Access to internal wired device from Internet? (port forwarding)

Greetings again,

I have two IAPs and a S1500-12P switch and basic tests after getting the firmware synced up seem to be working. Before I try getting my VLANs and DHCPs customized, I was trying to find the panel that shows how to set up port forwarding similar to my previous post with a legacy 620 controller.

So for example, I want to plug in an wired IP survellance DVR to one of the ports in the S1500, and have the IAP VDC manage access to it from the Internet.

Please don't tell me I need a controller to do this. :-) I was hoping to avoid having a controller since I went with IAPs (and not just APs with a controller).

Thank you all!

Guru Elite

Re: Access to internal wired device from Internet? (port forwarding)

What is your border firewall?  That is the single determining factor on whether you can do this or not, and how.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

I was assuming the IAP could handle the firewall activities (like the 620), but apparently it can't?

Thank you!

Contributor II

Sounds like a 3200 will do the trick?

Guru Elite

The IAP can be configured to handle inbound traffic, and one of those inbound rules is destination nat.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/Roles_and_policies/InboundTrafficACL.htm%3FTocPath%3DRoles%20and%20Policies%7CFirewall%20Policies%7CManaging%20Inbound%20Traffic%7C_____1

I have not tried it with your application.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Thanks very much! I almost missed this in the IAP menus. I'll give it a try.

Thanks again!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: