Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding ArubaCentral to corporate authentication server

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Adding ArubaCentral to corporate authentication server

Posted Sep 07, 2015 04:25 PM
    Hello, I am currently working on setting up our new Aruba WiFi environment. The new environment consists of 8x AP-215's and 5x RAP-3NW's. We are a Construction company and the appeal was that we could use the CloudCentral controller to manage and deploy the RAP units out to job trailers. Now to the question at hand.... Our parent company uses radius authentication and it requires us to add an IP to the allowed list in order for our AD credentials to work. If I am using a cloud based controller, what IP do I add to the Radius server that will allow these units to authenticate. My local AP-215's seem easy enough as I can apply static IP's to them. The RAP units would be dynamic in nature so this seems like more of a daunting task. Anyone with instructions or advice please respond ASAP as we are very excited about implementing this in the field.

• 2.  RE: Adding ArubaCentral to corporate authentication server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 07, 2015 04:41 PM
    Aruba Central is only for management. When you configure a RADiUS server, that config is sent down to the Instant cluster where it is used.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Adding ArubaCentral to corporate authentication server

Posted Sep 07, 2015 04:48 PM

Does that mean I add the IP for every AP to the Cisco Radius server? When I try to authenticate to the WiFi network, what device is reaching out to the Radius server? This is what I am trying to figure out. I found that if I add 1 AP to the Radius server, I can authenticate, however that is based on a static IP being assigned to the AP. in the case of the RAP unit that is not possible.

• 4.  RE: Adding ArubaCentral to corporate authentication server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 07, 2015 04:49 PM
    You need to enable dynamic radius proxy and then the VC address for the cluster will be used for radius.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 5.  RE: Adding ArubaCentral to corporate authentication server

Posted Sep 15, 2015 02:45 PM

Where do I find the IP Address for the VC so I can add it to the RADIUS server?

• 6.  RE: Adding ArubaCentral to corporate authentication server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2015 02:53 PM
    Did you manually assign the VC address? 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 7.  RE: Adding ArubaCentral to corporate authentication server

Posted Sep 15, 2015 02:58 PM

Ummm no. I am new to this whole VC game so treat this as a total newbie request.

• 8.  RE: Adding ArubaCentral to corporate authentication server

Posted Oct 24, 2015 10:42 AM

old subject, but for completeness

on GUI on left bottom Info section: Virtual Controller IP

to configure it System > General: Virtual Controller IP, must be in same network as the Instants.