Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding IAP to Airwave

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Adding IAP to Airwave

Posted Jan 13, 2014 09:47 AM

Hi,

Our current process to add IAP's to our Airwave server is by adding just a 4 character site code to the Organization string.  This creates the equivalent folder and group in Airwave.

As we have a lot of sites, this flat folder hierarchy is starting to become a bit unmanageable.

What I'd like to be able to do is the following.

Assume site code is WXYZ.

When I add a new IAP top Airwave, I would liek the following to happen:

Create a configuration group called "WXYZ"

Create a new subfolder  under folder "Europe" called "WXYZ"

Is it possible to do this using the Organization string syntaxes and if so, how.

thanks

• 2.  RE: Adding IAP to Airwave

Posted Jan 13, 2014 11:10 AM

You can do this with the Org String / opt 43.  By separating strings with a colon you are telling AirWave that it is a sub-folder. 

Example:

top folder:sub-folder,Awave IP, secret

Be sure there are no spaces.  You can have the same config across all folders or different configs for each folder.

• 3.  RE: Adding IAP to Airwave

Posted Jan 14, 2014 06:03 AM

Hi Marcus,

I tried this using the Instant Gui, but the problem is is that if I use the following Org string for example:

EMEA:WXYZ

A folder called WXYZ gets created as a subfolder of EMEA, which is what I want.

But,  a Group also gets created called EMEA.   Which is not what I want, I need a group created called WXYZ as we use a template per site for deploying our IAP's.

Is there anyway to make this work ?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Adding IAP to Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 14, 2014 01:27 PM

At the moment, that's how it's designed.  It'd be a feature request to change the existing behavior for groups.