Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AirPlay and iAP-205 , client suffers from music cuts once in a while - any idea why?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AirPlay and iAP-205 , client suffers from music cuts once in a while - any idea why?

Posted Sep 01, 2015 06:36 AM

Hi Guys,

I just deployed 1 instant AP-205 in a small room and tested airplay stream from iphone or ipad to yamha reciver  , but once in a while , every coulpe of sec there is a cut in the song.

Anyone exprince something similer - when there is a cut  in the song - the client is still connected and there is no request time out at all...so i have no idea what  causing it (i even disabled scanning and clientmatch....but no success..airplay streaming still suffering from cuts)

I will be glad to get some ideas from u.

Regards,

Asa

• 2.  RE: AirPlay and iAP-205 , client suffers from music cuts once in a while - any idea why?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 01, 2015 07:06 AM

What band is the client connected on?  What is the channel, power and noise of the AP on the channel?

• 3.  RE: AirPlay and iAP-205 , client suffers from music cuts once in a while - any idea why?

Posted Sep 01, 2015 07:53 AM

BAND  - tested on only 2.4 \ tested on only 5.0 - same issue (even with band steering off) - diffrent channles ,

The AP is on MAX / MAX - ARM is off. i was standing in the same room with the AP itself.

regarding nosie level...havent notice something high...(IM NOT ON SITE RIGHT NOT)

• 4.  RE: AirPlay and iAP-205 , client suffers from music cuts once in a while - any idea why?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 01, 2015 07:56 AM

Even in the same room, the power should match the output of the client (not max).  Let us know when you are back onsite so we can get more information.

• 5.  RE: AirPlay and iAP-205 , client suffers from music cuts once in a while - any idea why?

Posted Aug 16, 2018 02:34 AM

Hi, did this ever get resolved? If it did, what was the resolution?

Thanks