Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Airgroup basic question?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airgroup basic question?

Posted Mar 20, 2014 08:38 PM

Hi All,

Does airgroup only work on the IAP-105's when the VC/IAP is handling the VLANS itself? 

If a VLAN is set as static and network assigned, then will Airgroup not work?

Thanks,

Rob.

• 2.  RE: Airgroup basic question?

Posted Mar 20, 2014 09:38 PM

OK so I have Arigroup enabled and also guest bonjour multicast.

I can see apple TV's and epson printer and Denon amplifier on the Airgroup servers, but on iphone/ipad I only see the Denon Amplifier visable on Airplay devices! 

Any ideas?

• 3.  RE: Airgroup basic question?

Posted Mar 21, 2014 03:38 PM

Now I can see some Apple TV's. But not all, the Cache looks OK on AirGroup servers page?! 

• 4.  RE: Airgroup basic question?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 22, 2014 10:07 AM

Are the clients in the same subnet as the airgroup devices or a different subnet?

Are the subnets separated by a NAT boundary?

• 5.  RE: Airgroup basic question?

Posted Mar 24, 2014 09:47 AM

Clients were a mix, one SSID is on the same VLAN as the Apple TV's the other 3 on seperate VLANs, but they are not NAT as there is a L2 switch handling the routing and VLANS.

In the end with the help of Aruba I managed to get all the 8 apple TV's showing on the airplay of the device, this was achiveved with a firmware downgrade. I am still yet to test the airplay fully and see if its usable and quick.