Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 8.2.0.3 unable to discover new devices

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8.2.0.3 unable to discover new devices

Posted Sep 20, 2016 01:30 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have a small challenge with regards to Airwave 8.2.0.3

We previously had two sites, one in London and one in Spain and both were managed successfully by Airwave.

The company closed down the branch in Spain and relocated the IAP-225RW to another office in the UK.

We have now deployed the 6 x IAP-225RW but Airwave is unable to discover them (Even though the old ones from Spain is still being shown as DOWN)

The error message I receive is "snmp get failed" and I am unable to locate SETTINGS within IAP-225 fimrware version 6.4.4.3_4.2.2.1 to set the SNMP. Also not sure how to retrieve the shared key since the original setup was done two years ago plus before my time.

When trying to add the devices manually I receive the following error message 

"The number of monitored devices exceeds the number allowed by the license

Any ideas or suggestions are much appreciated as I really need to get Airwave up and running to do some reporting since some users can connect to my corporate network and others can't which I believe is down to security settings on individual machines and/or SSL certs but need evidence via Airwave.

• 2.  RE: Airwave 8.2.0.3 unable to discover new devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2016 01:34 PM

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Aruba-Instant-Validated-Reference-Design/ta-p/258782

Please see page 153, "Adding IAPs to Airwave".  You do not add them via SNMP..

• 3.  RE: Airwave 8.2.0.3 unable to discover new devices

Posted Sep 20, 2016 02:00 PM

Colin,

My challenge is that I have no idea what the original Shared secret is (System>Admin>Airwave or how to retrieve this key.

I have tried the Aruba defaults "password", "public", "enable" but in IAP at the bottom Airwave remains NOT CONNECTED.

Is there a way within Airwave to PING my IAP/VC and see if a firewall is not perhaps blocking the communication?

• 4.  RE: Airwave 8.2.0.3 unable to discover new devices

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2016 02:25 PM

Are the devices up and running on your network (not in airwave) or are they down?  If you are out of licenses, you would need to delete the old devices for Airwave to "see" any devices in the new device tab.

• 5.  RE: Airwave 8.2.0.3 unable to discover new devices

Posted Sep 20, 2016 02:29 PM

Devices are up and running and users can connect successfully to Guest & BYOD.

Some users receive a certificate warning message on Guest for securelogin.arubanetworks.com but I guess this has something to do with the revoked GEOTrust certificate.

Some staff can successfully connect to the Corporate network whilst others can't and again I suspect SSL certificate issues but nothing that would stop communication between Airwave and IAP (Unless the firewall is blocking it as per previous post)

• 6.  RE: Airwave 8.2.0.3 unable to discover new devices
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2016 02:58 PM

You should open a tac case to get to the bottom of this.  Since you didn't set it up, there are things you could do that could hurt connectivity with other devices, so you should get TAC to lead you through this...

• 7.  RE: Airwave 8.2.0.3 unable to discover new devices
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 28, 2016 03:29 AM

Turned out to be a licensing issue.