Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave IAP connection problems

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Airwave IAP connection problems

Posted Feb 11, 2016 09:41 AM

Hello,

We have a remote customer with an IAP-network that we want to add to our Airwave server for monitoring. But for some reason we can't get the Instant Controller to appear in Airwave. We have double-checked everything in the firewalls, routing and policies all seem to be correct. When looking at the logs we can see that https, SSH and SNMP traffic between the devices are passed though. We have tried to add the IAP manually in Airwave, the device then comes up as down (I have attached a picture that shows device info) The Airwave manages to fetch the firmware version of the IAP but nothing else.
    We have spent a lot of time troubleshooting this problem, and I feel like we can't get any further at this moment.

Is this a known issue, and if so how can we make this work?
    I would appreciate any help from you guys.

The IAP is a 225 with version 6.4.3.4-4.2.1.2_53307
    The Airwave runs version 8.0.10

• 2.  RE: Airwave IAP connection problems

Posted Feb 11, 2016 10:50 AM
    Can you ping the AirWave server from the IAP ?

• 3.  RE: Airwave IAP connection problems

Posted Feb 11, 2016 10:59 AM

Hi!

Yes we can ping. I have also tried telnet <airwave ip-address> telnet-port 443, when doing that i see SYN/SYN-ack and FIN between the devices in the firewall logs. 

• 4.  RE: Airwave IAP connection problems

Posted Feb 11, 2016 11:05 AM
    The IAPs by default use 443 to reach AirWave , are you allowing that port ?

• 5.  RE: Airwave IAP connection problems

Posted Feb 11, 2016 11:53 AM
    Hi again,
    We have double checked this and there are no restrictions in the firewall for port 443, we can trace the packets going between the IAP and Airwave. I'm leaning more towards wrong configuration in airwave or some bug in the code. I have opened a case with TAC as well, I will update if I make any progress on this.

Thank you

• 6.  RE: Airwave IAP connection problems

Posted Feb 11, 2016 12:42 PM
    What version of Airwave are you running ?

What IAP are you using and InstantOS ?

Sent from Outlook Mobile

• 7.  RE: Airwave IAP connection problems

Posted Feb 12, 2016 04:05 AM

Hi again,

The IAP is a 225 with version 6.4.3.4-4.2.1.2_53307
    The Airwave runs version 8.0.10

• 8.  RE: Airwave IAP connection problems

Posted Feb 15, 2016 05:23 AM

Connection seems to be working now, I can the see that all the traffic is passing between the IAP and Airwave server. However, I now get this message in the Airwave logs:

Fri Feb 12 15:38:26 2016 System System Instant AP with IP 172.16.70.3 (AP Info: serial, mac-address, AP-225)PSK based authentication: shared secret does not match swarm's password.

Im sure we have the same password on both sides, anyone know what this means exactly?

• 9.  RE: Airwave IAP connection problems
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 17, 2016 03:13 AM

We managed to fix this issue by removing all the previous entries and build the Airwave configuration from scratch, after that the IAPs got added.