Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave - Instant GUI Config - Global configuration with group based override

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Airwave - Instant GUI Config - Global configuration with group based override

Posted Jun 16, 2015 05:11 PM

Hi All,

I'm trying to work out the best way forward with an Instant configuration in Airwave. 

I have 4 sites that i want to setup instant clusters at. I would like to be able to use a global configuration (eg corporate SSID at all sites) but have a locally configured SSID for each group. 

I understand how this can be done with templates but i'm wondering how this can be achived using Instant GUI. 

I have tried setting up a Global Group and putting each VC into their own unique group referencing the global group however this doesn't allow for and Instant Config at the Global Group level. 

When i place all VC's in the same group and try and apply the configuratoin to a single VC it works but shows up as mismatched on the other VCs. When i hover over a VC in Instant Config mode i noticed that there is an "Overrides" attribute however i can't seem to find a way to designate a configuration as an Override for a single VC. 

Is what i'm trying to do even possible? Im using Airwave 8.x and Instant 4.1

Scott

• 2.  RE: Airwave - Instant GUI Config - Global configuration with group based override
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2015 06:58 PM
    On the top left of Instant GUI you should see a plus sign. If you click that, it will give you a list of the VCs. When you click a VC and make changes, these will be overrides to the group config for that cluster.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Airwave - Instant GUI Config - Global configuration with group based override

Posted Jun 23, 2015 11:02 PM

thanks tim, the first time i tried this it didn't work however this may have been my impatience more than anything!

Scott

• 4.  RE: Airwave - Instant GUI Config - Global configuration with group based override

Posted Jun 15, 2018 07:02 AM

Hi,

I´ve a question on this too... when I`ve configured e.g. an explicit SSID on the VC and implement also afterwards a new SSID on the Main context - this seems to "delete" the SSID on VC side (note: it`s not really deleted because the override still shows me some lines and when I remove the global SSID, the local shows up again...)

can you help out on this?

greets

• 5.  RE: Airwave - Instant GUI Config - Global configuration with group based override

Posted Jul 11, 2018 05:07 AM

Hi

I trie also to Use airwave Global Groups to be able to duplicate SSIDs profiles.  I didnt understant when I tried to Create an SSID Profile by using The global Group Configuration Template or IGC Gui  nothing happen !!  no copies of the information in the sub-groups dependning of the Global Groups

Could you please provide me some example of configuration

An also how to use the Variables

Thanks for yor help

regards

• 6.  RE: Airwave - Instant GUI Config - Global configuration with group based override

Posted Jul 11, 2018 05:06 PM

Hi Richard, 

I'd suggest if you're using Instant APs, don't use the Global groups function as this is more aligned to controller based setups. 

As tim suggested previously, if you add all of your AP's into a single "Instant " AP group and enable Instant GUI configuration you can apply a global configuration for all virtual controllers in the group and then do VC based overrides to change things at each site.

Scott

• 7.  RE: Airwave - Instant GUI Config - Global configuration with group based override

Posted Jul 16, 2018 11:07 AM

thanks for your Answer, i used  to setup an single group with only one VC by group. .

So if i Understand  you suggested me to have 2 VCs into a single Group  ?

In this case how it is possble to Declare and share an SSID without duclate this SSID ins each VCs ?

Thank for your

• 8.  RE: Airwave - Instant GUI Config - Global configuration with group based override

Posted Jul 16, 2018 06:17 PM

When you add multiple VC's into a single group they will all inherit the Group level configuration. 

If you want to make a change to a specific site you select the VC name and this takes you into "VC context" which allows you do only apply changes to the specific VC. This was you can override global settings for a single site (i.e. VLAN assignment) or you can create a WLAN profile that only applies to a single site. 

Scott

• 9.  RE: Airwave - Instant GUI Config - Global configuration with group based override

Posted Jul 19, 2018 06:17 AM

thanks for your Help, very useful it works

Regards