Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave License Count on AMP 7.6.5

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Airwave License Count on AMP 7.6.5

Posted Apr 17, 2014 09:39 AM

Within our company there is a team running AMP 7.6.5. For the life of me I cannot find the license count. Within an Airwave server running AMP 7.6.5, where can I find the license count (licenses used)?

• 2.  RE: Airwave License Count on AMP 7.6.5

Posted Apr 17, 2014 09:47 AM

You should find the link on Home -> License.

If you do not have that link what is the role assigned to your user account?

• 3.  RE: Airwave License Count on AMP 7.6.5

Posted Apr 17, 2014 09:50 AM

That makes sense. That is how I determine the license usage for AWMS running 7.7.5 and above. For some reason, I do not that information in an AWMS running 7.6.5. Are you using a particular browser? Perhaps the browser version makes a difference in how the pages are presented in AWMS 7.6.5. (just shooting in the dark at this point)

• 4.  RE: Airwave License Count on AMP 7.6.5

Posted Apr 17, 2014 03:42 PM

I think it is a User role issue.  Check your account Role under AMP Setup-> Users

For example, here is a screen shot after I login with an account with AMP Administration:

admin.jpg

Here is a screen shot for a user with Read Only access:

Read_Only.jpg

• 5.  RE: Airwave License Count on AMP 7.6.5
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 18, 2014 09:22 AM
      |   view attached

I put in a ticket with Aruba TAC. The engineer provided the following response and supporting attachment:

Say if you have purchased a Airwave 500 device license you will be able to add 500 devices to that server. To know the remaining number of devices that can be added to your server you have to subtract the number of devices (up+down) that your server currently has with the actual license count (ex:500).

In the above screenshots the license has support for 500 devices. So we need to add the number of up and down devices then need to subtract them with the license count. Ex: 500-173=327. So with respect to the above license we can add 327 more devices to the server. Like that you will be able ot calculate for your server. Please let me know if that helps.