Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Allowing guest's to connect to Apple TV's that are on the employee network

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Allowing guest's to connect to Apple TV's that are on the employee network

Posted Feb 01, 2016 02:52 PM

I would like to allow guests the ability to connect to our Apple TV's for presentations that are on our employee network.  Currently the Employee SSID is getting DHCP from the DC and the Guest SSID is getting DHCP from a seperate VLAN and device for thier subnet.  Would I just create a rule on the VC to allow access to a paticular server?  Or is there a better way?

• 2.  RE: Allowing guest's to connect to Apple TV's that are on the employee network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 01, 2016 02:53 PM

Enable the Allow Guest Multicast option in AirGroup.

• 3.  RE: Allowing guest's to connect to Apple TV's that are on the employee network

Posted Feb 01, 2016 03:33 PM

I have these enabled already, is this what you are reffering to?  

Capture.PNG

• 4.  RE: Allowing guest's to connect to Apple TV's that are on the employee network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 01, 2016 03:35 PM
    Yes. Are you blocking traffic in your guest role?

• 5.  RE: Allowing guest's to connect to Apple TV's that are on the employee network

Posted Feb 01, 2016 03:39 PM

I am not blocking anything as it is a separate subnet\vlan than the employee network, hence the "Guest Network".  So my guess is that I need to create a network rule to allow access to a particular network and add the IP of the Apple TV?  

Thanks,

Brandon

• 6.  RE: Allowing guest's to connect to Apple TV's that are on the employee network

Posted Feb 01, 2016 05:12 PM

I miss quoted the configuration.

Apple TV's are hard wired, users connecting to the Guest SSID need the ability to use the Apple TV's. Will AirGroup still work in the scenario?  

Lan IP: 10.0.1.x

Guest SSID: 172.16.10.x

Thanks,

Brandon

• 7.  RE: Allowing guest's to connect to Apple TV's that are on the employee network
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 01, 2016 06:54 PM

Hi, 

1. Make sure that the wired Apple TVs are on the Airgroup Servers list, i.e it should have layer 2 connectivity with IAPs.  

2. Check if  guest user device is on the Airgroup user list. 

3. The 10.0.1.x networks should be reachable from 172.16.10.x network, i.e guest user should be able to ping the Apple TV. 

4. There should be no NAT between these networks. 

With 1 and 2, guest users can discover the Apple TV. 

With 3 and 4, mirroring should work. 

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent