Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

An update failed last night, and this morning, AirWave lists all of my APs as down, but they work

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  An update failed last night, and this morning, AirWave lists all of my APs as down, but they work

Posted Oct 24, 2014 03:26 PM

I tried to run an update on my controller last night, and things went poorly. My APs (IAP 105 & IAP 135) all list as down in AirWave, except for the virtual controller. They are also mismatched. How do I go about fixing this? I'm a noob with no command line experience, so please be patient with me.

• 2.  RE: An update failed last night, and this morning, AirWave lists all of my APs as down, but they work

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2014 06:31 PM
    Did you change anything on the controller, airwave or your infrastructure?

• 3.  RE: An update failed last night, and this morning, AirWave lists all of my APs as down, but they work

Posted Oct 27, 2014 08:53 AM

I tried to update the virtual controller. In Airwave, I can see the entry for the virtual controller with the updated software rev, but everything else shows down.

• 4.  RE: An update failed last night, and this morning, AirWave lists all of my APs as down, but they work

Posted Oct 27, 2014 09:51 AM
    What version did you upgrade your cluster to?
    What version is your Airwave?

• 5.  RE: An update failed last night, and this morning, AirWave lists all of my APs as down, but they work

Posted Oct 27, 2014 10:10 AM

Airwave is 7.6.2, IAP 105s and IAP 135s are 6.2.0.0-3.2.0.4_38110. Now, the virtual controller shows up as 6.3.1.8-4.0.0.7_44641, but nothing else appears to have upgraded. I'm not positive that they did not upgrade, because Airwave isn't talking to them.

• 6.  RE: An update failed last night, and this morning, AirWave lists all of my APs as down, but they work
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 27, 2014 10:16 AM
    Your Airwave version is too low, you must bring it up to 7.7.x in order to see your APs online.

The symptom you will see is the VC up but all the other APs offline.

As soon as you upgrade your Airwave to the latest version of 7.7.x or 8.0.x, all of your APs will come "online"

• 7.  RE: An update failed last night, and this morning, AirWave lists all of my APs as down, but they work

Posted Nov 10, 2014 01:09 PM

Thanks! The 7.7.14 upgrade did not do the trick, but upgrading to 8.0.5 did. Your help is appreciated. Thanks all for the great forum!

• 8.  RE: An update failed last night, and this morning, AirWave lists all of my APs as down, but they work

Posted Nov 10, 2014 01:33 PM
    glad to help.