Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted Apr 21, 2016 01:43 PM

looking for a little help please. Just got some Aruba AP's in and we are setup to use AMP8.0 to configure them. Have some state side and shipped some to Spain, Bilboa. The AP's state side work fine but the AP's in Spain configure but the radios never come up. Shows 802.11bgn disabled and 802.11ac disabled. what could be wrong. if theres anything i need to show to try and troubleshoot, please let me know. New to Aruba so looking for some help.

• 2.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted Apr 21, 2016 02:17 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

As you are located in Spain, you must be using IAP-RW (Rest of the World).

This implies that you need to configure the regulatory domain on the IAP.

If not configuring the regulatory domain, radios will remain shutdown.

To achieve regulatory domain configuration via AirWave, you need to enable AirWave to configure the country code.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Paul Gallant, Eng.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted Apr 21, 2016 02:57 PM

made the change, waiting for the device to reboot.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted Apr 21, 2016 03:04 PM

made the change and they are still down. would a reset on the AP possibly fix the issue?

• 5.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 21, 2016 03:41 PM

Hi,

You should not have to reboot the AP.

You have to set the contry code in the system settings.

Then you have to apply the change to send the country code instruction to the IAP configuration.

Best regards,

Paul Gallant, Eng.

• 6.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted Apr 21, 2016 04:20 PM

made the changes you just posted. waiting for the system to verify. how long do it usually take to apply before the mismatch goes away?

• 7.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted Apr 21, 2016 05:59 PM

thanks for the help. i had to remove the ap and force it to reactivate via the cloud. once i made the changes you recommended and forced the reactivate it all came up correctly. i really appreciate the help.

• 8.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted Apr 25, 2016 11:54 AM

Paul can i ask another question. we have radius setup on our AMP. in our US group anytime a pc tries to authenticate to our network the radius server users the VC as the authentication IP. The RADIUS server has the VC IP address as a radius client. Well in our Spain group we have everything setup exactly the same. But when a pc tries to connect it fails. when we looked in the radius logs it shows that the AP tries to authenticate and not the VC. The VC IP address is setup as the radius client. Can you assist with this?

• 9.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted Apr 25, 2016 12:29 PM

Hi,

Make sure you turned on the Dynamic RADIUS Proxy feature.

Paul Gallant, Eng.AirWave-IAP-Dynamic RADIUS Proxy.jpg

• 10.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted Apr 25, 2016 04:38 PM

thanks for the replay. wont be able to check as solution until the Spain employees are back in office.

• 11.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted Apr 26, 2016 08:54 AM

so we have figured out our issue but cannot seem to fix the problem. for some reason the the AP is trying to talk tot he RADIUS server instead of the VC. the VC we have state side talks to the RADIUS for authenicating connections but the VC thats in Spain is not. how can we force the VC to talk to the RADIUS server instead of the AP? The VC is setup in RADIUS as the client.

• 12.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted Apr 26, 2016 11:59 AM

Hi,

Please open a ticket with Aruba TAC.

Best regards,

Paul Gallant, ing.

• 13.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted Apr 27, 2016 02:43 PM

got it resolved. thanks for your help.

• 14.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted May 16, 2017 05:12 PM

hello sir 

can i configure the regulatory domain using the instant UI , without airwave and without conrtroller , as im working in the standalone mode ?

• 15.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted May 16, 2017 05:15 PM
      |   view attached

i am located in egypt and need to fix the issue of the regulatory domain without airwave , is it possible ? 

• 16.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2017 05:50 PM

What version of Instant do you have loaded right now?

• 17.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted May 17, 2017 01:19 AM

Dear Collin 

i don't know the version , i'll inform you once i am in the site within two hours , the ap model is IAP-207 , i connected to the dashboard attached in my previous post using the ip of the IAP given by the dhcp server , could you tell me from can i know the version of instant 

"the instant UI loaded automatically when going through the ap's ip in a webpage"

• 18.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted May 17, 2017 03:53 AM
    Can anyone help me as i am about to reach the customer site , the dashbaord of the instant UI detects that i am in egypt , the radio LED in the ap is always turned off , what should i do to turn the radio on ?
    Ap model is Iap 207 and i have no controller neither airwave software , only the instant ui

• 19.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2017 06:16 AM

I just sent you an email.

• 20.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted May 17, 2017 06:36 AM

thank you for your support 

you mean i should upload this firmware version to all my access points ? and then the problem will be solved

• 21.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2017 06:46 AM

Try on one cluster or AP at a time to make sure it works.

• 22.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted May 17, 2017 12:05 PM
    Dear Colin
    The Ap worked fine after the file you've sent
    Thank you very much i really appreciate your help

• 23.  RE: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Posted May 17, 2017 07:09 AM

i had the same issue (on 8.2.2.1 at least, haven't tested the latest)

airwave + aruba activate provisioned IAP + instant GUI and radios were shut down.

if i provisioned IAP manually using Instant web and then added to AW, everything worked.

i found out that using activate -> aw provision does not actually alter Country code. And there was no way to alter it afterwards. You could configure a group prior and move AP there, but for some strange reason it didn't work.

if you use instant web prior, the very first thing it'll ask country code, so that's why it worked. it's sort of do it once things.

solution:

country_code.jpg

enable Groups-> corresponding Group-> Instant Config -> Airwave Settings -> "Allow Configuration of Country Code" to "YES" and then change your country code under Instant Config -> System -> General (or sync config).

a bummer.