Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 225 IAP will not play with 105 IAP - Image Sync Error

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba 225 IAP will not play with 105 IAP - Image Sync Error

Posted Nov 08, 2013 08:10 PM

Trying to get 105 IAP with IOS 6.2.1.0-3.4.0.3 to play with the new 225 IAP with IOS 6.3.1.0-4.0.0.0

I think the issue is related to the different IOS versions but not sure. I am on the latest IOS for the 105 IAP and the 225 IAP came with a newer IOS installed on it. I am not sure if I need to back rev the 225 or what. I did notice an image sync error on the 225 while consoled into it. It gets the image sync failure error and the reboots. They are all on the same VLAN and I already verified DHCP and network communication to rule that out.

#AP225

• 2.  RE: Aruba 225 IAP will not play with 105 IAP - Image Sync Error
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 08, 2013 08:21 PM

Two issues:

1. All IAPs in a group must run the same version.

2. IAP v.4.0 is not even released yet nor is the IAP-225.  I am assuming you are running a BETA from your local Aruba Sales team??  If that is the case you should work with the same team to get the same BETA image for the IAP-105.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 225 IAP will not play with 105 IAP - Image Sync Error
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 08, 2013 08:23 PM

Hi,

Since IAP225 has not been officially released, and that it uses a different type of sofware image than the IAP105, the auto image sync will not work.  It will work after IAP225 is officially released and that the same version of software is put on the cloud. 

In the mean time, you can bring up the 105 by itself and upgrade it to the same version of 4.0 beta image that you currently have, and then bring up the IAP225.

Thanks,

Yan

• 4.  RE: Aruba 225 IAP will not play with 105 IAP - Image Sync Error

Posted Nov 08, 2013 10:42 PM

I got it! Thanks for the info. I ordered 500 225 IAP's and we recieved a few of them about a week ago and the rest should arrive in the next two weeks or so, according to my Aruba Salesman. I was told that I literally have the first units to roll off the manufacturers floor. I will contact my Aruba salesman and get a newer IOS so I can manually update our existing 105 and 135 IAP's.