Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

Aruba 274 outdoor Access point

Hello,   i'm connecting Aruba 274 outdoor Access Point to it's antenna and trying to configure it without connecting it to any switch or router,But i can't get IP.
is there a way to get IP without connecting the Arupa to switch or router?

MVP

Re: Aruba 274 outdoor Access point

Only if you are using a 3G/4G module (not possible on that model as far as I know) or the AP as a mesh point. But without those, you'll really need a cable. If you're not using the cable, you still need to provision the AP with sufficient power which will still require a cable so might as well use a network cable.  

Guru Elite

medooomh wrote:

Hello,   i'm connecting Aruba 274 outdoor Access Point to it's antenna and trying to configure it without connecting it to any switch or router,But i can't get IP.
is there a way to get IP without connecting the Arupa to switch or router?

Unfortunately, it can only be configured with a controller, so it needs an ip address to communicate with the controller...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

For any AP to come up without being on the network, it would need to be first configured as a mesh point (or if you have an IAP-274, it would need to be configured to come up as a stand-alone AP). If you have a non-Instant AP-274, you will need a controller first, as well as another AP that is on the wired network, to build a wireless bridge from the wired AP to your AP not on the network.

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
New Contributor

Thanks alot

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: