Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 650 Memory

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba 650 Memory

Posted Oct 26, 2017 05:09 PM

I am looking to upgrade from Version 6.4.2.13 to 6.4.4.16 and see that one of the caveats is memory & there must be atleast 40MB if upgrading over CLI. So I did a show memory and see that I only have 39416 Kb free but I have a feeling that the output of the command does not mean Kilobits even though it shows "Kb" (see below). Does my output show that I have 39 Kilo Bytes or Kilo Bits?

Aruba650) #show memory

Memory (Kb): total: 426752, used: 387336, free: 39416

• 2.  RE: Aruba 650 Memory

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2017 05:24 PM

type "tar crash" and see if the controller generates a "crash.tar" file.  If it does, delete the crash.tar file and see how much space you have after deletion.

• 3.  RE: Aruba 650 Memory

Posted Oct 27, 2017 08:50 AM

Thanks for telling me how to delete memory. Could you possibly tell me how much memory I Have based on the output of the controller I pasted?

• 4.  RE: Aruba 650 Memory

Posted Nov 07, 2017 03:08 AM

@Wifi Guy wrote:

Thanks for telling me how to delete memory. Could you possibly tell me how much memory I Have based on the output of the controller I pasted?

you're right in noting that it's a typo, its KB (bytes) not kb (bits). If you cannot get it to take the upgrade, you may need to log a ticket and ask TAC to go into the shell and nuke a bunch of the temp files (logs, debug etc.) just after a reboot, which will give it a couple meg extra free memory and get you over the line.