Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central Cloud Guest not working

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Cloud Guest not working

Posted Aug 24, 2016 05:31 AM

I have Network in Aruba Central with a Guest WLAN. I have set the Primary Usage to Guest, the Splash Page Type to Cloud Guest, created a GUEST CAPTIVE PORTAL PROFILE and set the access rule to unrestricted.

The Guest Captive Portal Profile is set to Type Anonymous and Authentication Success Behavior to Redirect URL. Share this profile has been set to ON.

Now when the users logon to the Guest WLAN, they immediately have access to the WiFi and aren't being redirected to the Splash Page.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Tom

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central Cloud Guest not working

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 24, 2016 05:58 AM

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central Cloud Guest not working

Posted Aug 24, 2016 10:55 AM

Hi cjoseph,

I followed the video, it's a bit different compared to the new layout, but I seem to be doing everything right. I did notice that the evaluation license has expired.. So I'm not sure this is part of the problem?

Tom

• 4.  RE: Aruba Central Cloud Guest not working

Posted Aug 30, 2016 08:58 AM

So I have activated the licenses and upgraded all the AP. However, the customer is still reporting that users aren't being redirected to the splash page and can directly access the internet.

I have created a new guest WLAN, just in case and am waiting for him to try it out.

But in general it should redirect to the splash page, right?

• 5.  RE: Aruba Central Cloud Guest not working

Posted Sep 05, 2016 06:19 AM

It's working as it should, the customer just had different expectations.. He created a Guest WLAN, users got redirected to the Cloud Guest portal where they had to accept the T&C and were then forwarded to his own Splash Page where they need to enter some details.

Of course the user is by then authenticated and doesn't need to fill in his details..

• 6.  RE: Aruba Central Cloud Guest not working

Posted Apr 10, 2018 01:07 PM
    hey I have same problem too, can you give me screenshoot to your guest wlan setting? also the cloud guess splash page setting? , i want to try fix my problem too.

Thanks