Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

Aruba Central Managing Switches

I have a customer that has purchased Aruba Central for their IAP and Switch management.  The client has over 50 switches already configured throughout multiple locations with a lot fo routing and vlans in place already. I am trying to get some of these switches into aruba central and have added them into Central and provisioned the license as well.  After struggling to get the switches to show up in Central I conntacted support.  They informed me that I would have to DEFAULT the switches to get them to pull into Central. I was shocked by this.  Is this accurate?

Aruba Employee

Re: Aruba Central Managing Switches

This is accurate as of today.

http://help.central.arubanetworks.com/latest/documentation/online_help/content/applications/network%20management/switch_configuration/provisioning%20switches.htm?Highlight=switch

"During Zero Touch Provisioning, the Aruba Switches can join Central only if they are running the factory default configuration, and have a valid IP address and DNS settings from a DHCP server."

However a workflow of onboarding switches on non default config is in works. No ETA yet with me.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: