Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP 105 flashing power light.

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP 105 flashing power light.

Posted Nov 01, 2016 08:52 AM

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me out here, I've inherited a Aruba WiFi network of 8 105 IAP's and I am trying to add two more 105 IAP's to said network. I connect one up directly to the POE switch (for setup purposes) and the power light flashes green (I'm assuming because it's not connected to the Instant controller) and the Enet light is constant green but I can't see from the Instant controller even though it has a network address (I can see it in DHCP address leases) from the the school Windows network server. What an I doing wrong?

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP 105 flashing power light.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 01, 2016 10:32 AM

Take that AP to another subnet and manually upgrade it to the version of that cluster....or log into the AP and type "show log system" to see what is going on.

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP 105 flashing power light.

Posted Nov 03, 2016 09:10 AM

Hi Colin,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me, I really appreciate it. I did send a reply via my phone but it’s not showing up here, did you get it? I won’t be back at that school until Monday so I can look into your suggestion then. On that note what do I need to do to be able log into the AP and type "show log system"? Is it via a console cable using a terminal session or a crossover Ethernet cable? Excuse if I sound a bit dense but I’ve inherited this system and have little knowledge of it or Aruba hardware. Thanks again in advance.

• 4.  RE: Aruba IAP 105 flashing power light.

Posted Nov 03, 2016 09:12 AM

Hi again Colln.

A step by step guide would be really useful, thanks.

• 5.  RE: Aruba IAP 105 flashing power light.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 03, 2016 10:02 AM
    You mean step by step troubleshooting?

• 6.  RE: Aruba IAP 105 flashing power light.

Posted Nov 03, 2016 10:26 AM

Hi Colin,

Thanks getting back to me. A step by step guide on connecting via a console cable, crossover cable or whatever the method is, I’ve looked at the user manual online but can’t find anything that tells me that. Do I use a terminal session, command line or it something else? I may have got to the point where I can’t see the wood for the trees!