Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP-105's working but not manageable on VC or Web interface, not even able to ping?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP-105's working but not manageable on VC or Web interface, not even able to ping?

Posted Mar 18, 2014 07:56 PM

Hello All,

I am desperate for some help. I have 14 AP's on a L3 Network.

AP IP Addresses:

192.168.5.101 to 192.168.5.114 (Mac Address reservations on Windows SBS 2003 server).

VC Address 192.168.5.100

SSIDS:

Staff - VLAN 10 - 192.168.5.0/24

VIP - VLAN 20 - 192.168.4.0/24

Guest - VLAN 60 - 192.168.6.0/24

Entertainment - VLAN 30 192.168.7.0/24

All SSID's setup with static VLAN thats controlled by L3 switch and all SSID's are set as an employee network with WPA2 Personal.

Now the AP's were visable before by going to the web interface, I did an automatic firmware upgrade to 6.3.1.2-4.0.0.4_42384

This was completed successfully, of so it seemed. The AP's were previously on 6.2.1.0-3.3.0.3_39227

Now since a reboot of my POE switch I cannot get to the VC or any individual IAP-105. I cannot even ping them?! However they are all working, all LED's green and WiFi SSID's displayed in all areas, can connect and go on internet etc.

The only way I can get to the VC/IAP-105 is to unplug them al and plug them in one at a time, if you plug in any more than one then thats it you cannot see them! I did notice that out of my 14 IAP-105's only 2 of them are actually on 6.3.1.2-4.0.0.4_42384 firmware and the rest are on 6.2.1.0-3.3.0.3_39227 firmware.

But if I try to auto upgrade the ones still on 6.2.1.0-3.3.0.3_39227 it fails with unexpected error or with time out!

Please someone help!! Although the WiFi network is working its not possible to manage/monitor it.

Regards,

Rob.

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP-105's working but not manageable on VC or Web interface, not even able to ping?

Posted Mar 19, 2014 12:43 AM

Have you tried upgrading manually? by downlooading the image from the support site and then using the web gui to upgrade it ??

I have got that error before of  time out or unexpected error and most of the time its becasue the AP or the cluster of ap cannot communicate with the Aurba server which where he download the image...  ANd to not make the client open the ports or whatever it needs on their firewall i just do it manually.

When that happens i just go and download the firmware from the support site and upgrade it manually...

It seems that for some reason the firmware was not distribuited to all your instants APs.... which it should not happen..

Anyways you can always call the TAC and they will help you, well if you got the ArubaCare up to date. :)

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP-105's working but not manageable on VC or Web interface, not even able to ping?

Posted Mar 19, 2014 09:55 AM

Ok I have a copy of the firmware from our supplier, I am unable to get it from Aruba support myself as we are not yet registered as a partner, I submitted registration 2 weeks ago, but still nothing, does it usually take so long? 

I fear though that the Firmware is only half of the issue, as surely if I reset and configure the IAP-105 that is on the higher firmware it would auto configure and join new IAP-105's that are on lower firmware?

Also out of curiosity as I have my primary IP of the IAP-105's on my VLAN 10 (192.168.5.0/24) range, do I also need to set a default VLAN on the IAP? Currently VLANS 10, 20, 3 and 60 are Tagged ports on my L3 switch to the IAPS.

I will be performing the FW upgrades in a few days, the company want the WiFi left up for a while as yesterday the outage was a long time factory resettig all the IAPs and recofiguring them.

Regards,

Rob.

• 4.  RE: Aruba IAP-105's working but not manageable on VC or Web interface, not even able to ping?

Posted Mar 21, 2014 02:42 PM

Hi,

Can you please provide me with your Email-id / Contact Number ? We shall be glad to assist you further in this regard.

@Robert_lwc wrote:

Ok I have a copy of the firmware from our supplier, I am unable to get it from Aruba support myself as we are not yet registered as a partner, I submitted registration 2 weeks ago, but still nothing, does it usually take so long? 

I fear though that the Firmware is only half of the issue, as surely if I reset and configure the IAP-105 that is on the higher firmware it would auto configure and join new IAP-105's that are on lower firmware?

Also out of curiosity as I have my primary IP of the IAP-105's on my VLAN 10 (192.168.5.0/24) range, do I also need to set a default VLAN on the IAP? Currently VLANS 10, 20, 3 and 60 are Tagged ports on my L3 switch to the IAPS.

I will be performing the FW upgrades in a few days, the company want the WiFi left up for a while as yesterday the outage was a long time factory resettig all the IAPs and recofiguring them.

Regards,

Rob.

• 5.  RE: Aruba IAP-105's working but not manageable on VC or Web interface, not even able to ping?

Posted Mar 21, 2014 02:43 PM

Hi,

Can you please provide me with your Contact Email-Id / Phone Number ? We shall be glad to assist you in this regard.

Thanks !

• 6.  RE: Aruba IAP-105's working but not manageable on VC or Web interface, not even able to ping?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 21, 2014 03:40 PM

Hello gsubramanian,

My email is robert AT livewire-connections.com

I now have all the Arubas talking to each other, I manually added the new firmware to each one, one by one and then Untagged the primary VLA on the ports the IAP's are in, I then created the SSID for that VLAN and set it to Network assigned and Default instead of Static and Vlan 10.

However I am now having issues with Airgroup, please see: 

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/Airgroup-basic-question/m-p/150228

Thanks

Rob.