Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 01:59 AM

Hi Guys. This is my first time ever using Aruba. Please guide me what am i doing wrong.

I have powered on Aruba IAP-205H using HP 5130 PoE enabled. Currently the status LED is Fixed Amber. I can connect to instant SSID but thats it. I cant access the gui. It gives me certificate error, which i ignore but after that, it simply timesout trying to access the web gui. PLease note that, since IAP is not currently connected to internet, i changed my host file to use 172.31.98.1 for instant.arubanetworks.com. This way, i am able to get to certificate error page but after that, it simply timesout.

Please guide me

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 04:41 AM

Some one please guide me. I tried factory resetting it,

even now, the status led is fixed amber and i am not seeing any instant ssid now :(

• 3.  RE: Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 05:25 AM

Are you supplying the IAP-205 with DHCP?  If you are not, there are a series of steps that needs to be done...

• 4.  RE: Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 05:29 AM

Which series of steps ? 

Actually i found the same solution on another thread and recommended by a colleague. Just tried it and it worked but is it a bug ? why do we need dhcp to get 205H working ? 

• 5.  RE: Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 05:39 AM

Instant APs are designed to be setup when DHCP is supplied.  That is the easiest way.  With no DHCP you would have to setup the ip address using the CLI (serial interface) of the IAP:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-do-I-configure-a-static-IP-addreess-to-an-Instant-Access/ta-p/185590

• 6.  RE: Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 05:41 AM

But is it a bug coz ppl using IAP 215 or other are not facing this issue. Is it particular to 205 ?

• 7.  RE: Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 05:43 AM

Are you supplying DHCP to the IAP?

• 8.  RE: Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 05:45 AM

Yup i did that and its working now. 

I just wanted to know if its a bug or specific requirement for 205 :) ?

• 9.  RE: Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 05:51 AM

The IAP web server does not come up immediately.  Sometimes you have to wait.  You should not have to use a host file to point your client at the IAP GUI.  It should redirect you, but in your case, it is possible that the web server was not immediately up when you were trying.

• 10.  RE: Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 05:51 AM

The IAP web server does not come up immediately.  Sometimes you have to wait.  You should not have to use a host file to point your client at the IAP GUI.  It should redirect you, but in your case, it is possible that the web server was not immediately up when you were trying.

• 11.  RE: Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 05:55 AM

Can i download the firmware and upgrade it ? 

I checked on aruba site, it takes me to the community site, is there anyway to download the firmware ?

• 12.  RE: Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2015 06:01 AM

Unless you have a support contract, you need to make sure the IAP has access to the internet, go to Maintenance> Firmware> Check for new version.

• 13.  RE: Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

Posted Mar 27, 2017 10:34 PM

Hi Guys,

we are configure DHCP ip on iap-205 AP is ping but unable to login GUI.

• 14.  RE: Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2017 11:11 PM
    And what did you do before that? We cannot help if we don't know...