Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

Aruba IAP-215s, trying to add mac filtering on an SSID using role based role assignment rules.

Aruba IAP-215s, trying to add mac filtering on an SSID using role based role assignment rules. There seems to be a limit of 17 rules allowed. Does anyone know of a workaround to add more rules? The SSID authenticates to corperate radius servers that are 3rd party controlled. We use additional mac filtering to restric use on a specific vlan to only engineers. I currently have this working well by using role based rules to assign role based on mac address. However, there seems to be a limit of 17 rules allowed and I am needing to allow more than this.

Guru Elite

Re: Aruba IAP-215s, trying to add mac filtering on an SSID using role based role assignment rules.

You would do MAC-authentication, not assignment rules.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_Mobile/Advanced/Content/UG_files/Authentication/MAC_Authentication.htm

Long-term, you should consider using a policy engine like ClearPass as this setup can quickly become unmanageable.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Re: Aruba IAP-215s, trying to add mac filtering on an SSID using role based role assignment rules.

[ Edited ]

I need to have a way to use enterprise authentication to our radius servers but do local mac filtering on this SSID. The only way I have found to do this on the IAP is to use the role based access but this solution seems to only be allowing me to add 16 MACs. I need to see if there is an IAP way to do this MAC filtering locally and authenticate to remote Radius.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: