Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

Aruba IAP DHCP - DHCP Options

Hello,

I am trying to create a DHCP scope for an SSID on an Aruba IAP-205. I need to use DHCP option 252, I have tried most of the options L2, Local etc but I can't get it to work. Is this possible and if so what do I set on IAP to do this?

I also need the IAP to use NAT on th SSID.

Re: Aruba IAP DHCP - DHCP Options

HI,

I don't believe it's possible to set DHCP option 252 on an instant access point. I'm assuming you're attempting to deploy proxy setting in this way? 

Cheers

James

Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.

Yes, we are trying to provide the location of the PAC file for the proxy.

I would highly recommend seeking an alternative way of proxying the traffic rather than deploying a PAC file. I've found it hit and miss if devices support this.

If at all possible I'd look into transparently proxying the traffic. Many proxy servers have transparent proxy capabilities.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_server#Transparent_proxy

Cheers

James

Cheers
James

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.

The customer already has a Censornet proxy installed.

If we could change the default gatewate of the addresses given to the client from IAP to the address of the Censornet proxy then this should also work but I can't get this working either. Is is possible for the IAP to provide DHCP addresses to clients with a different gateway address and what are the implication of doing this if using NAT on the VC? The customer network is a single flat layer 2 network.

If you're using source-NAT on the VLAN on the IAPs then the gateway will become the access point gateway when the traffic leave the access point onto the wirted network.

Does that make sense?

Cheers
James

Yes that I what I thought.

I need a way of routing everything from the SSID to Censornet or making the clients on the SSID have a GW address of the Censornet box. I have spoken to Censornet and they said the defualt gateway option is better.

jrwhitehead wrote:

If you're using source-NAT on the VLAN on the IAPs then the gateway will become the access point gateway when the traffic leave the access point onto the wirted network.

Does that make sense?

Changing the default gateway on the access point will do this.

Warning: I'm not familiar with your network so do not know what the implications of changing this are!

Cheers
James

Thisis still being a problem. I have tested changing the defualt gateway of the AP but this does not change the default gateway given to clients, apprently this is becuase of the "Magic' VLAN. 

Is there any way of changing the default gateway of the Magic VLAN? 

The way the Magic Vlan works is causing me loads of issues.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: